When thinking of making a move and selling your home, there are important things to consider to help make the transition as smooth and successful as possible.
- Speak with a tax consultant and/or a financial adviser to discuss all the implications of a move and to see what you can afford.
- Speak with a Realtor (Jackie Gibbins) to get the current value of your home. I can help you with that!
- If you need financing, speak with a reputable lender to get pre-qualifed for a loan and to discuss your loan options.
- Do some research of areas and neighborhoods that may suit you and that you can afford. Try to narrow down a target area so you can plan and budget. This process can take some time and energy, and I would be happy to help with this.
- Review recent comparables sales in the area.
- Become aware of market trends and “time on the market” for a home like yours when getting ready to list your home for sale. This can help with timing your move.
- You may need to decide what possessions to keep, sell, give away or discard or store. This step can take some time, too, and you may want to enlist the help of friends and/or family.
- If you need help with an estate sale, I have folks I can refer you to.
- You may need to ready your home for sale by making some repairs or a few updates or incorporate some staging to get the best price possible. I am happy to help you evaluate the need for this, and I will also provide a free home staging consultation if needed.
- If you need the proceeds from the sale of your current home to purchase your new home, it is important to get your current home on the market, and better yet to have it under contract or sold before choosing your replacement home. This may seem stressful or feel like you are taking a leap; but there are options that protect you so you may keep your home if you don’t close on a replacement home. Let’s talk about it.
I have experience helping all types of sellers in various stages of life who have different buying and selling needs. I am on my toes, thinking ahead, trying to get you what you want and what you need.